I just thought I would share this really yummy recipe. I made it last week, and it is all I want to eat now! It was really simple too, which makes it even more appealing!
Basic Granola
6 1/4 c. rolled oats (the recipe recommended quick oats from the dry pack cannery)
1 c. coconut
1/2 c. slivered almonds (or pecans, or whatever nuts you have on hand)
1/4 c. sesame seeds, unsalted (opt.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. vegetable or canola oil
3/4 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Dried fruit (opt.)
Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix oil and honey together and heat until honey is warm and runny. Stir in vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; stir until well combined. Spread onto two cookie sheets. (I sprinkled the granola with cinnamon before baking and it turned out really good) Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes during baking. Cool on cookie sheets, and then add in any dried fruit you like. Store in airtight container up to 6 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oooo!!!! i need a different snack these days, this sounds perfect! thanks for the recipe!
I have been thinking about granola all day. I will definitely have to make some very soon, this recipe looks great, thanks! Sometimes I make peanut butter granola bars, pretty much the same as your recipe, just melt some peanut butter(I like to use the chunky kind cuz then you have nuts in your granola too) with the honey. I like to press the granola into the pan so that it can be cut up into bars and eaten a little easier. Thanks again, but now I'm hungry!
Yummy! I have to try this!
Thank you! I will have to try this very soon!
I don't remember having granola round the house. You guys hiding something from me? ;)
Um, Hello Eric, I offered it to you at breakfast one morning and you scoffed at me and reached for your sugary cereal! I tried:)
Post a Comment